Garlic has a huge number of reported health benefits, which are outlined below. Garlic has antibacterial/antibiotic properties. The use of garlic for its antibiotic properties goes back centuries to when it was used to ward off the plague and anthrax. This is directly attributed to the sulfur-containing acillins, which are so abundant in this potent herb.
- It is antiviral.
- Garlic is antifungal.
- It can be used as a natural mosquito repellent.
- It is a powerful antioxidant that helps fight aging and oxidation in the body.
- Garlic extract is believed to be helpful in lowering blood lipid (cholesterol, triglyceride) levels, and is considered an effective herb in the fight against circulatory diseases like high blood pressure and atherosclerosis.
- Some believe that garlic extract can be used to fight acne when used topically.
- Garlic can be used to fight fungal infections such as athletes foot.
- Some believe that the antiviral properties of garlic may help to make warts disappear.